Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oakbrooke Privacy Concern

Message from one of the Oakbrooke Home Owners dealing with privacy.  Please leave your thoughts as a comment for all to read.


"Thanks for sending this, and for your initiative in seeking to improve our neighborhood.  The sign in your proposal does look nice, but I had not considered this before, and I'm wondering about the pro's and con's of installing a sign.  

   One feature of our neighborhood, that I've always appreciated - even while away - is the high degree of relative privacy we enjoy due to minimal through traffic or curious drivers, and for that matter those with less than honorable intent (e.g., potential thieves, vandals).  

I believe part of that privacy comes from the low-key, anonymous nature of our road entry, so I'm a bit concerned about drawing more attention to our cul de sac, i.e. with a sign posting.  (Granted, I can appreciate that the degree of privacy and security is more so deeper in, away from "the main" Road...)  

   On the other hand, I'm confident some tidying could go far to enhance the corner intersection of our small street, as it's fairly plain and sometimes littered - though I don't recall ever seeing it really unsightly.  

Along these lines, I wonder if installing a sign as you suggest would actually increase curb appeal or actual value for the homes there.  

I'd appreciate any facts or opinions you have on the matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment